Tuesday 13 March 2012

La Sera - Break My Heart

Katy Goodman's self-professed "morbid dream pop" is the bread and butter for her recordings as La Sera, though I'd probably call it "surfer pop" if I could.  The sunny guitars and upbeat tempos of her songs remind me of summer days filled with sunshine and waves crashing at the beach.  The Los Angeles-based songstress also has a fabulous voice that's at a happy medium between indie and pop vocals.  I recommend "Please Be My Third Eye," and today's selection: "Break My Heart."

Clocking in at two minutes and nine seconds, "Break My Heart" ends too soon, I think.  I wouldn't mind if this song lasted forever.  Ms. Goodman croons to catchy guitar riffs...that voice...  New girl crush material?  Possibly.  "Break My Heart" is classic, beautifully done, and evokes some movement to go through your body.  Morbid dream pop?  Okay, maybe.  But as the weather gets warmer and the days are longer, these kind of tunes usher in the spring and summer.  Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment