Saturday 3 November 2012

Museum Mouth - Blood Mountain

More alternative for a sunny, yet cold, Saturday afternoon.  You and I can both say what we want about the genre, but with a touch of indie thrown into the mix, this is the kind of music that's made to be enjoyed.  North Carolina three-piece Museum Mouth win the award for best album name with Sexy But Not Happy, and get kudos for pouring brilliance into the three minutes that is "Blood Mountain."  This is a track that had to grow on me to make it here, but oh, how glad I am for that.

"Blood Mountain" begins with beachy guitar chords, but then erupts into a cacophony of fuzzy vocals-meets-beach rock guitar work.  Vocalist Karl Kuehn does double duty as the drummer, and I've found in my experience that drummers who double as lead singers usually do a decent job on both.  So press play on the video below, listen to the slightly-summery "Blood Mountain," and enjoy ever chord you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment