Saturday 17 November 2012

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

Ah, 2006.  Not my best year, I admit, but I've had worse.  I can't say a lot of bands I listened to back then are still prominent, one of said bands being Arctic Monkeys.  Apparently they're still releasing albums left and right, but I haven't heard much about them since their debut during my last year of elementary school.  Even so, I still find that I can enjoy their older work.  If you listened to music in 2006 and never heard "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor," then you're missing out.

Stop making the eyes at me, I'll stop making the eyes at you.

"I Bet You..." is kind of like Oasis and Franz Ferdinand jamming together somewhere in London.  It's fast, it's furious, and it's a strange version of indie rock that lets you dace to it without worry.  Well, it might be a little fast, but I'm sure that you'll manage.  It's rock club music, the song that real music appreciators would prefer to hear on Friday night versus any Top 40 garbage.  I bet you'll like it (if you by some chance haven't heard of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment