Thursday 8 November 2012

Ghostpoet feat. Kano - Cash & Carry Me Home

Why enjoy plain-old-boring rap when you can live a little and listen to some experimental rap?  Don't fret if you're nervous; the subgenre is a bit more approachable than you might think.  Example: Ghostpoet, whose "Cash & Carry Me Home" is different, that's for sure, but nothing to be scared about.  Think of a cross between rapping, speaking and softly singing, and you've got his style down already.  And if you listen to the track, you'll find a very minimal backing beat.  We've also got lyrical genius here I know that I'll survive, well a little bit, I've had a couple drink, well a little bit, I'm begging you, please carry me home.  It's a little sad and tragic, but there's hope in the words of "Cash & Carry Me Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment