Monday 12 November 2012

Autopilot Is For Lovers - Pine Box Town

I know, I know...you were expecting a Top 10 list today.  Thing is, when I have forty videos embedded onto one page of my blog, it slows it down quite a bit.  So until my ABCs of Music is off the first page, we'll be going back to some oldies but goodies.  At the same time, today's feature is one I've been sitting on for a while, and if any song gets to shine today, it's this one.

Imagine yourself in the backwoods of Oregon, or at least the outskirts of Portland.  It's woody, it's folky, and it's a little spooky too.  That's how to describe the sound of Portland's duo of Autopilot Is For Lovers, consisting of vocalist/instrumentalist Adrienne Hatkin and the musically diverse Paul Seely.  Their tune is "Pine Box Town," which sounds like Kimya Dawson's older sister leading a group of children in revolt through the streets.  The tambo shakes, the acoustic guitar strums, and Miss Hatkin's vocals are borderline haunting.  Perfect for a rainy day like today, when we're all in our own little pine box town.

No comments:

Post a Comment