Thursday 15 November 2012

Arcade Fire - Rococo

I know we all enjoyed the Ke$ha post yesterday, but unfortunately we have to get back to real music today.    Does it get more real than one of Canada's musical treasures, also known as Arcade Fire?  Not really.  I hate to say it, but if you have a reason not to like anything they've made, then something is wrong with you.  So naturally, you have to like my favourite song from their already classic The Suburbs.

"Rococo."

I do enjoy my lush rock, and while Arcade Fire leans a bit more to the indie side of the spectrum, they still have that nice borderline orchestral sound that makes my walks to school a touch more epic.  "Rococo" is what the protagonist of your life story runs in slow motion to at the climax.  That acoustic guitar...it makes me wish that I hadn't given up on the instrument seven years ago, and makes me want to pick it up again.  "Rococo" is a modern symphony, condensed to four minutes.  Yes, people of the internet, this is as real as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment