Thursday 22 November 2012

Weezer - Peace

What recently reminded me of Weezer was a late-night bender that ended at a karaoke bar, with a comrade of mine selecting "Say It Ain't So."  Well...that song doesn't have anything on my ditty of choice ("You Shook Me All Night Long"...which mostly consists of me screaming into the microphone and giving shoutouts to group members), but it take me back to a time long ago.  Make Believe has been in my possession since it came out while I was in elementary school, and I blame that damn catchy "Beverly Hills."  But there's a sleeper hit on that album.

"Peace" isn't dreary-college-rock-typical Weezer.  It's lush.  It's a cacophony of sound.  Hell, I sense some lyrical genius at work too.  And I don't have a purpose, scattered on the surface, I need to find some peace.  It's all brilliant.  This is the Weezer I want to hear more often.  The verses are soft, the choruses rise to some insane extreme that I can't get enough of, and there's a sense that this is what music should be all about.  This has been another lush rock Thursday.  I'm Laura, reminding you to get your hands on the not-that-bad-at-all Make Believe and listen to this track first.

No comments:

Post a Comment