Monday 26 November 2012

The Canadian Treasures Playlist

The idea for this Top 10 (of sorts) came after a visit to my aunt's house a few weekends ago, where I was able to swipe her Shania Twain CD long enough to copy it onto my laptop.  She's one of the few country artists I can respect (other than Carrie Underwood...now that girl has the voice of an angel), and wouldn't our luck have it that she was born forty-five minutes down the highway from my parents' house?  It got me thinking; which artists would I call musical treasures to Canada?  It was tougher than I thought, and involved asking for help from an old friend and consulting Wikipedia.  Part of me is a bit disappointed I didn't recognize a good number of names on their "List of Canadian Musical Artists," but the aid still proved to be helpful when compiling this list.  It was a hard one to put together and narrow down to ten, but I think I do Canada justice.

And don't worry, there's no Dead and Divine this time.  You shouldn't have broken up, boys, or you would have cracked the list.



















No comments:

Post a Comment