Sunday 18 November 2012

Joshua James - Queen Of The City

It's time for another musical day of the week, this one being sweet indie Sunday.  Or folk.  Whichever you decide Joshua James is, it doesn't matter.  I went in reverse in finding out about him; first getting today's feature "Queen of the City" from a then-stellar-rcrdlbl and his 2009 release Build Me This in its entirety from Noisetrade.  But now that I have two time periods to compare, I have to say that I like the growth evident in Joshua James.  Very much so.

"Queen of the City" is an acoustic-driven ditty, one you'd hear on TV an immediately have to find and download.  If I can compare it to a cross of anything, it would probably be Jason Mraz and my recent-British-obsession Jake Bugg.  Remember "Seen It All?"  Yeah, it's along the same lines of "Queen of the City."  So if you liked that, you'll loved Joshua James.  You're in capable hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment