Thursday 29 November 2012

Charli XCX - Forgiveness

Here's me waving goodbye to the last stressful day of the semester...well, at least that's what I'll be doing at seven o'clock tonight.  Some de-stressing music would be nice, but I'm not sure if that's what you can call today's feature from the UK's Charli XCX.  She performs her own genre known as angel pop which mixes sweet vocals with harsh synth and some bangin' electro beats.  She's the queen of contrast in music right now, that's all I can say.  I got her Super Ultra mixtape a few weeks ago and have been thoroughly enjoying "Forgiveness," since, one of the more toned-down songs of the collection.  Charli croons I can change, I change, I can change, I will try every day, do my best, are you impressed, I am not down with forgiveness.  It's a little sad for what you might expect from angel pop, but these vocals are killer, and since I'm riding an emotional musical kick this week, it fits right in there with the other selections.  I'm down with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment