Monday 7 October 2013

Deftones - Romantic Dreams

I've been getting more and more into Deftones lately, and last night, I had an epiphany as to why.  In a nutshell, they're the alternative metal version of Chevelle.  A lightbulb has gone off, and now my entire life makes sense.  Well, maybe not, but it's pretty cool to realize things like this.  Now, you remember that lovely track "Swerve City" that I featured a while ago, right?  Well, why don't we take another look at Koi No Yokan, the album it came from, and see what other gems we can find, perhaps "Romantic Dreams"...

"Romantic Dreams" is a lovely lush sounding piece of alternative metal, that's kind of like a longer, more angsty version of "Swerve City," and if you know how much I love that song, then you can imagine how I feel about this one.  We can sum up the lyrical content by the line I wish this night would never end, and that's because it seems to be about that lovin' feeling, and it should be when the song is called "Romantic Dreams."  But is it a dream?  I'm hypnotized by your name could suggest so.  The instrumental work is very lush and organic-sounding too.  Everything just flows together, the exact way that it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment