Saturday 5 October 2013

Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

Remember when Mike Posner was a thing a few years ago?  He had a good run, but most of his music wasn't as thrilling as I would have liked it to be.  Don't even get me started on that one song he did with Lil Wayne that I can't remember the name of, the one where he wore an afro in the video.  We had our fun with Mike, but then it was time to move on.  Well, putting the dark parts of the past aside, there is one song by him that I can't help but love, and by now, you should know what that would be.  "Cooler Than Me" is a soft hip-hop song that never ceases to be stuck in my head after giving it a listen.  I like the Daft-Punk-esque electric guitar at the beginning, and the light club thumping that dominates the rest of the song.  It's never too much, but just right.  At the same time, it's nothing too pretentious either.  I like it.  So forget the rest of his stuff, this is where the money is.

No comments:

Post a Comment