Wednesday 23 October 2013

Trevor Moss & Hannah-Lou - Spin Me A Rhyme

The husband and wife team of Trevor Moss and Hannah-Lou named their duo after themselves, which is perfectly fine, because they're awesome.  The English duo have folk down pat, with a little indie twist to boot.  It's all good for me.  I've had "Spin Me A Rhyme" for a while now, and recently rediscovered it within my own collection.  Well, it's finally here and ready for you all to appreciate.  It reminds me of a folkier version of Fleetwood Mac, updated too, of course.  The acoustic guitar work is nice and sweet, and the vocal work from Hannah-Lou follows suit as well.  This could have done just as well in the seventies with that shaking tambourine in the back.  The best part is that "Spin Me A Rhyme" is hella infectious, crafted to get stuck in your head and brighten your day all in the same three-minute timespan.  I'm onto their plan...and it's working...maybe too well...

No comments:

Post a Comment