Monday 21 October 2013

Kanye West feat. KiD CuDi and Raekwon - Gorgeous

Simply put, Kanye is one of my forever faves.  I say this every time that I write about him, but it still has to be said.  You can't name another rapper who's done what he's done, I'll tell you that.  Today we'll look at something off of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and album that has been growing on me for the last three years, to be honest.  Kanye went over-the-top for the sound, and sometimes, like with the case of "Gorgeous," it pays off.  He's also got help from Kid Cudi and Raekwon, both rappers that I love and respect.  Cudi and Kanye are a bromance that was meant to be, sure, but he's got just as much chemistry working with Raekwon.

"Gorgeous" is an electric-guitar tinged track that has a certain swagger to it, which is a good thing in this case, don't worry.  Dare I say it, the guitar work sounds a little bit like Daft Punk.  Kanye's in charge once again, sending some slick rhymes our way.  Cudi and Raekwon are as perfect as featured artists can be; they're awesome, but don't overshadow Mr. West.  There's a reason that "Gorgeous" has been in and out of my head since this album came out.  It's got something that keeps you coming back for more, the same something Kanye's been using to keep me around for this long.  Let's hope that it lasts even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment