Thursday 24 October 2013

Kalmah - Seventh Swamphony

I've been sitting on "Seventh Swamphony" for a little while now, deciding when the right time to reveal it would be, but now is the time, my friends.  It comes from Kalmah, a Finnish melodic death metal (still riding that kick, it seems) band that kind of reminds me of Equilibrium, but less folk metal and more death.  Listening to the bridge that comes in about halfway through, it's Equilibrium meets Avenged Sevenfold.  It's nice, if you're into some good growling and heavy guitar work.  "Seventh Swamphony" is off of their last album of the same name, and it doesn't sound as swampy as some of the folk songs I'm currently obsessed with, but that good kick of melodic death is something that I can never say no to.  The guitar work is quick, but you can still appreciate it quite well, and the growling is spot-on.  I like being able to understand the words of the song now and then, and Kalmah's got it.  Oh boy, do they got it.

Even better, the video is pretty awesome too.  So you know...check it out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment