Tuesday 1 October 2013

Stars - Lights Changing Colour

Stars is really a Canadian treasure, and if you haven't heard of them before now, failing to read far enough back in my blog to notice, you need to give them a listen.  Indie has never sounded sweeter from another five-piece out there.  Now, In Our Bedroom After The War is hands down their best work, but I've been getting more and more into The North lately.  I got it for Christmas last year, and even though I've found that lately I'm not as good at listening to an entire album as I used to be, it's all amazing.  There are no faults to be found here.

"Lights Changing Colour" is a sweet and somber little thing with Amy Millan in charge of all of the vocal work and the background music reminiscent of something you'd hear on a Sarah McLachlan album.  There is a real feel of despair, like the scene of a movie where the main character sadly walks through dark streets on their own.  Good music should inspire images, and that's what "Lights Changing Colour" does.  Now I've just got to get another album out of them soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment