Monday 14 October 2013

St. Lucia - Before The Dive

Alright, alright, I'm back, and I've brought some nice poppy alternative music with me from Noisetrade, which has been giving me some great material for the next few weeks.  St. Lucia is Jean-Phillip Grobler and the gang jamming with something that sounds like a delicious tropical version of Passion Pit, though not too island-y at the same time.  He's a transplant from South Africa, if that helps to explain the differences in sound.  He's got an album out now, but I got his Elevate EP for free, and am enjoying the hell out of it.

"Before The Dive" is the highlight of an EP full of highlights, with the help of a female vocalist I can't really identify.  But we've got everything we need for something magical to happen.  The synths are lovely, the keyboard makes me want to travel into the jungle just to dance, and the vocal work is delicious electro-alt that reminds me a little of Everything Everything.  Delicious seems to be the word of the day for this one, and seriously, if you at least like Passion Pit, you'll love St. Lucia and "Before The Dive."

No comments:

Post a Comment