Wednesday 16 October 2013

Wild Child - Tale Of You & Me

Noisetrade has been fueling a good indie kick for me lately, and I blame the really good mix of songs I got from Austin, Texas' Wild Child, a seven-piece indie folk pop dream team that made quite the leap onto my radar in the past few weeks.  They just released The Runaround a week ago, but today's selection comes from the amazing Pillow Talk.  Seriously, before we can get any farther, look these guys up and get downloading now.

"Tale Of You & Me" is a song in two parts.  In the first half, we have an Americana-gypsy-folk-fest in the form of a conversation between lead singers Alexander Beggins and Kelsey Wilson.  I kid you not, they sound like Mumford & Sons dueling with a banjo and a folkified Hayley Williams all at once, and it's beautiful.  It's a great start, and it gets better.  There's a switch about halfway through, where "Tale Of You & Me" becomes like a less gospel-ish version of Blood Warrior, where a chorus repeats sleep good and hold tight, just know I'll make it right.  All the while, you still get the folky elements that drew you in from the beginning.  I don't throw the word perfect around very often (well, I might, but who cares?), but this here is simply...perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment