Friday 4 October 2013

Michael Bublé Feat. Naturally 7 - Stardust

I don't care what you say, the biggest Michael Bublé fan in the world is my sister.  When she turned seventeen, I got her his Crazy Love album (probably his best work, I think), and before I knew it, I was falling in love too.  He follows the same scheme that ABBA does in my heart: you can't listen to him and not be happy.  It's a requirement.  It's also very hard to pick one song that really defines Mr. Bublé, but I have to go with his cover of Hoagy Carmichael's "Stardust," which comes with some help courtesy of the acappella Naturally 7.

"Stardust" takes you a land of yesteryear, where jazz was simply the smoothest, and there were no worries of crazy albums that were a departure from the artist's original work.  Michael Bublé's covers are always wonderful, and this one is no exception.  It would have succeeded back in the time that the music and lyrics were written, just as much as it succeeds today.  I wouldn't mind slow dancing to this one at all, just as it should be with any good jazzy love song.  He's done it again, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment