Wednesday 2 October 2013

The Birthday Massacre - Calling

Well, what do you know?  Last year I got both The North and The Birthday Massacre's Hide and Seek for Christmas, and here they are together again, one blog post after another.  It's like they were meant to be this whole time.  Well, synth rock is always meant to be, and it's hard to find anything wrong with The Birthday Massacre.  I've been in love ever since I heard "Down," and the whole album keeps the ball rolling.  Lately, it's been "Calling" that's got me reeled in for good.

"Calling" is pure alternative synth.  Let's think of it as Metric meets Evanescence, a drool-worthy combination that has me picturing Emily Haines and Amy Lee together on stage.  But I digress, as this is about The Birthday Massacre and their infectious synth rock.  "Calling" is a little dark and a little spooky with some images of being pulled alive into an open grave, perfect for this month, and black ice, I hear you calling out for me tonight, no rest for the soon departed is bound to be stuck in your head by the time the three and a half minutes are up.  So what are you waiting for?  Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment