Monday 17 September 2012

All I Wanted - Paramore

Thinking of Paramore takes me back a while, to a time where I was a scene/emo wannabe in high school and just about to make the transition from alternative to metal.  Weren't those the days?  Their latest Brand New Eyes did come out fairly recently, when I wasn't exactly the black-head-to-toe-hair-in-the-face rebellious youth, but we should know by now that nostalgia calls my name louder than all of the feels.  It's a good album with a lot of good songs, but there's something about the last track that gets me.  "All I Wanted" gets me.

Hayley Williams works with a good set of pipes, though "All I Wanted" shows off the complete range of her vocals.  The song relies on a gradual build and some amazing rising power.  The repeat of all I wanted was you should explain the song fairly well.  Heartbreak happens, after all, but through heartbreak comes some pretty amazing things.  There will be one instance of those five words that will be different from the others.  When you hear it, you'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment