Friday 14 September 2012

Master of Art - Laura Stevenson & The Cans

Now and again, through the ups and downs of life, you just need a really good indie song to make everything better.  What makes good indie (if I haven't told you before)?  Acoustic guitar, vocals with life, beautiful lyrics, and that little something special.  That and more comes in the form of "Master of Art" by the collective known as Laura Stevenson and The Cans.  With the flick of the tambourine and some angelic vocals to boot, you've got your really good indie here.  It's a little quirky, but not enough to scare you away.  The right kind of quirky.  Ms. Stevenson sings (one of many good lines) I could lie and say to you that this will soon be over, I could lie and say I knew where you'd be waking up tomorrow, I could make a little shade for us to stay until we have to go away again, it's just a little lookout.  It's a little bit of a charming love song, perfect for a quaint end-of-summer day.  Yeah, I'm pulling the end of summer bit again.  Deal please.

No comments:

Post a Comment