Wednesday 5 September 2012

We Need A Resolution - Aaliyah feat. Timbaland

Aaliyah's self-titled album, her last, was originally mine when I was in the fourth grade (or fifth, I honestly can't remember), until I let an unfortunate frenemy borrow it and never got it back.  This is why I like Value Village, because I know my old CD collection leaks back there as time passes.  A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to stumble upon my old favourite, as well as Jefferson Airplane's The Worst of Jefferson Airplane.  Aaliyah was just as good as I remembered, and my favourite track from more than ten years ago is still the same.

"We Need A Resolution" is a slinky R&B number with Timbaland on guest rapper duties, though Ms. Houghton is still the star of this track.  For the past ten years I've had who should be hurt, who should be blamed looping through my head.  It takes a certain kind of artist to keep that going for that long.  "We Need A Resolution" follows deciding an outcome between two feuding lovers (am I supposed to change, are you supposed to change), but who would ever feud with greatness like this?

Rest in peace, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment