Friday 21 September 2012

Macy Gray - Relating to a Psychopath

I've been aware of Macy Gray for a long time, long enough for me to feel old when I think back to 2001 and the inclusion of her "I Try" on many compilation records.  What came after the "I Try" era was The Id, an artistically-crafted album that didn't translate well with critics, but shaped my love on obscure music back in my pre-pubescent days.  The first track, "Relating to a Psychopath" sits rightfully on top, rife with jazzy elements intermingled with electronic sounds and beeps.  Think of Macy here as Billie or Ella meets Deadmau5's "The Veldt."  It's probably not a track for anyone, but those who enjoy it will enjoy every facet.  Macy, your music is so good at keeping me company.  Here's to another eleven years of your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment