Tuesday 25 September 2012

She Did Not Know - Linus Pauling Quartet

I'll make it up to you for yesterday's Lil Wayne, don't you worry.  How about we make today stoner metal Tuesday just for kicks?  It's a genre I haven't been all too familiar with until very recently.  Yes, I've heard of Queens of the Stone Age, but that's about it.  Enter a few weeks into the past, where rcrdlbl offers up five and a half minutes courtesy of Texas' Linus Pauling Quartet.  Stoner metal band...named after a chemist...okay.

Their "She Did Not Know" is a few things.  Gritty, harsh, and surprisingly, a bit psychedelic.  Typically I don't like too much psych in my music, but this song has just the right amount for me to enjoy.  The guitar work is pretty slick too; there's a lot going on at once, but a few solid listens will give you some appreciation for the band.  All in all, "She Did Not Know" is a song I wasn't aware that I could like.  It grew on me quickly, going to show that maybe, just maybe, there is a chance that you can teach an old dog new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment