Thursday 27 September 2012

Kingsfoil - Grapevine Valentine

Yesterday morning, I was catching up on my rcrdlbl downloads when I came across "Grapevine Valentine" by Kingsfoil.  I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been pointed out, but it seems the drummer is none other than Frankie Muniz.  I immediately thought of this:


But at the same time, I had to give Kingsfoil a fair chance.  After all, if he's on drums, then I don't have to listen to his squeaky little voice.  I actually made my sister listen to "Grapevine Valentine" before I did, and when she gave it the all-clear, I took the plunge.

What did I find?  I really like lead Jordan Davis' vocals, and the addition of the keyboard gave it a nice airy feel.  My only issue is that it sounds a little Grey's-Anatomy-closer, but "Grapevine Valentine" is fine for listening to on the way to school.  It's not for moshing and it's not going to satisfy my need for gangster rap; it has a specific way to approach.  You listen, and you enjoy.  It's that simple.  Indie's never been sweeter.  After a few more listens, you'll completely forget about the melancholy life is unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment