Tuesday 4 September 2012

Disturbed - Criminal

You can say what you want about Disturbed.  I used to be their biggest fan back in the day, and their Indestructible is definitely in the top 12 of all of my favourite albums (not on the master Top 10 list from yesterday, unfortunately).  You can make the argument that all of their songs sound the same, and whatever else you've got, but there's one thing you're not taking into account.  Where would nu metal be without these guys?  Nowhere, probably.  Last I checked David and the boys were on a hiatus, but they had a bevy of strong guitars way back when, with undeniable power to boot.  "Criminal" sums them up in one song, their best in my opinion.

"Criminal" comes from an album rife with songs about war and adventure, but stands out from the rest of the pack with a few things.  One, the chorus that will blow your socks off.  Mr. Draiman's voice is solid as he croons deliver me from all of this, I want you to quicken my end.  Two, hard guitars that never cease to stop rocking.  Three, lyrical prowess.  Everything is here that provides perfection, and the boys of Disturbed do wonderful things with it.  Listen to the bridge and tell me that all nu metal is awful.  I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment