Monday 10 September 2012

Snuffel - Equilibrium

Some songs are meant to be enjoyed slowly, some songs are made to make you get off of your feet and move, and others have one purpose...to rock out to.  Enter Germany's Equilibrium, and their own brand of symphonic black folk metal.  They know a thing or two about fast-paced metal; these guitars will shred your face off (though for good face shredding any day, I always recommend some Early Man).  2008's Sagas has all of my favourite Equilibrium songs on it, among them "Snuffel."  The structure of "Snuffel" is nothing short of epic, with rising action even when you think it can't rise any higher.  Helge Stang's got an impressive range of growls too, one I can't help but applaud.  I think I'll still be head-over-heels for the guitars though.  Face shredded.  Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment