Thursday 13 September 2012

Slaughterhouse - Juggernauts

If you follow the rap scene (which I hope you do, it's gotten pretty high-par lately), then you might have heard of Slaughterhouse already.  Call them a supergroup of the genre, composed of Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden and Royce Da 5'9.  Well, technically speaking I've only heard of Joell Ortiz and Mr. Budden before, but the group is still super.  They've recently released a mixtape and an album.  The mixtape is the one I have right now, On The House, and I have to say I'm big enough of a fan to consider getting the real album.  Highlight so far?  The Eminem-sampling "Juggernauts."

"Juggernauts" samples 50 Cent's "Patiently Waiting," where Eminem's duties on the chorus come from.  Even stacked up against a sample of hip-hop's greatest, the boys of Slaughterhouse still hold their own with the help of sputtering snares, the cry of an electric guitar, and beats that don't quit.  This is another song I want to see remixed; with the right person at the helm it has some strong potential.  Still, on its own, "Juggernauts" dominates the mixtape.  And if this is on the mixtape, who only knows what the album hides...

No comments:

Post a Comment