Wednesday 8 May 2013

America - Sister Golden Hair

Summer calls for alt-indie as much as it calls for folk rock, and why don't we revisit the 70s in the case of the latter?  A while ago my mom's friend gave her a DVD with about 200+ old and classic songs, so I did the right thing and momentarily swiped it for my own use.  1975's "Sister Golden Hair" was on it, by that little band called America that you may or may not know.  I'm sure that my parents have one of their records buried in our den closet.  I do like most folk, so naturally, the song grew on me, and it's a rather sweet-but-sad little ditty.  The guy doesn't want to get married, but still loves Sister Golden Hair.  It's told beautifully nonetheless, and that guitar work gets me every time.  Every damn time.

No comments:

Post a Comment