Monday 6 May 2013

Paramore - Proof

I'm not the punky girl I once was in high school, but there's never any harm in having a throwback moment or two.  It's how I feel when it comes to Paramore.  Back in April when I bought the new Swollen Members album I found that Beautiful Death Machine would only cost me $8 as opposed to $12 if I spent $15 beforehand.  Sure, I didn't really save too much money, but while looking for another album, Paramore's new self-titled release caught my eye.  Rightly so, there was one track that particularly caught my ear.

"Proof" is a sweet alternative love song, and that's a niche that I will always trust Hayley Williams with.  The only proof that I need is you.  Simple as that.  The instrumental work makes it catchy, and the lyrics give "Proof" its depth.  It's like a good wine.  Even better, it's a good throwback to summer days in high school where I was looking for good lyrics to put in my MSN personal message.  Oh, weren't those the days?  And aren't these the days now?

No comments:

Post a Comment