Sunday 12 May 2013

Sarah Brightman - Glosoli

I'm normally not a huge classical music fan, but I can appreciate the work of Sarah Brightman.  Back in the fall I found her classic Time To Say Goodbye at Value Village, and falling in love came shortly after.  Naturally, when I heard that she was coming out with a new album this year, I had to have it for my collection.  Dreamchaser turned out to be a work of art, and I continue to enjoy her cover of Sigur Ros's "Glosoli."

Her English translation of "Glosoli" works wonders for me, and I think Sarah gives her version a little more accessibility, though there's nothing wrong with the original.  Don't be scared off by the classical genre, as the instruments are nothing but beautiful and perfectly compliment Sarah's vocal prowess.  It's delicate and sweet, but still packs a nice punch at the end.  Needless to say, Sarah Brightman is someone I need to see in concert.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment