Sunday 26 May 2013

Violent Femmes - Please Do Not Go

A few weeks ago I was derping around my parents' house and sojourned to Value Village for a monthly adventure in hunting for vintage CDs.  First score: a big-honking collection of Louis Armstrong.  Second, and what got me the most excited in front of a group of strangers: the self-titled Violent Femmes debut album.  I do have a greatest hits collection of theirs, so I did have about half the songs already, but I couldn't pass it up for three dollars.  I'm glad that I did just so, or I probably wouldn't have "Please Do Not Go."

"Please Do Not Go" is another acoustic-powered folk fest from the alternative trio, and nothing too crazy.  It's a relaxed track, and it's also a little sweet while being a little sad.  Don't worry, it's nothing too complex to go over your head, just words above getting back the one who got away, and like a lot of songs that I love, there is a sense of hope.  Hope is what fuels the engine, and Violent Femmes have it down pat.  "Please Do Not Go" also makes me wish I didn't give up playing the acoustic guitar...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment