Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tegan and Sara - Living Room

Ages ago (okay, the summer of 2011), I was lucky enough to stumble across Tegan and Sara's third album, 2002's If It Was You.  I hadn't been aware of its existence until then, as I don't follow the duo as closely as I probably should, but I knew enough that it had to be mine.  Nothing really stood out to me until a few weeks ago, when "Living Room" came on while my library was shuffled.  Who knows, maybe it takes two years to let something grow on you.  This song is short, but terribly catchy, and another case of a song that makes me want to pick up the acoustic guitar again.  The entire story can be summed up in the opening lyrics:

My windows look into your living room, where I spend the afternoon on top of you.  I wonder what it is that I did to make you move in across the way from me.

They've got me here.  "Living Room" may be the perfect alt-indie piece eleven years after its creation.  Some things must be aged (like good wine or whiskey) to be loved, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment