Monday 20 May 2013

Venomous Maximus - Path of Doom

I do like a decent amount of decent music that comes out of Texas, and on a hot and humid day like today, why not visit some stuff from that corner of the continent?  Apparently the metal scene there is bigger, more diverse, and better than I expected.  Case in point?  Venomous Maximus, a band that sounds like it could be a gladiator troupe but is actually a headrunner in what's been coming out of the heavy metal subgenre.  Their sound has a little doom, and reminds me a bit of a modern, American Black Sabbath.  Not bad, boys.

"Path of Doom" came my way a few weeks ago via their record label's Youtube channel.  Napalm hasn't disappointed me in the past, and they're keeping up that streak.  It's dark, it's heavy, and by god, it's wonderful.  Fittingly, it reminds me of some doom I've listened to in the past, but "Path of Doom" holds onto other elements to keep it going.  The vocals are clean, but gritty, and the guitar work is phenomenal.  It's the kind of song I suggest to fellow metalheads looking for something new.  Hey, you're a metalhead, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment