Sunday 19 May 2013

Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful

An old friend visited me this weekend, and spoke wonders about the Great Gatsby movie she saw last weekend.  It's high on my list of things to see if I can find someone to come with me.  I do love me some Leonardo Dicaprio, and an American classic put to film is alluring, but part of the appeal comes from the music.  The soundtrack is full of artists and songs that I love, and of course, if there's any sign of Lana Del Rey, I'm there in a heartbeat.

"Young and Beautiful" is the lead single for the soundtrack, and is a delicate and sad love story set to the piano.  The story: it's a thrilling time now, but will you feel the same when things begin to change?  I can't say anything bad about what Lana does here, because it's perfection.  The orchestral version is also noteworthy and recommended; it's like the original but only a bit more lush.  Whichever one is your fancy, "Young and Beautiful" takes the lead for a reason.  With words like this sung by a woman like Lana, there's little room for error.  She does it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment