Wednesday 29 May 2013

Bif Naked - Lucky

I've liked Bif Naked for a long time, and hell, half of that time I didn't even know it.  When I was in public school and got most of my music off of the radio, "Lucky" came on one evening as we were pulling into out driveway, and I made my mom wait until they said who it was by until she could turn the van off.  We waited, but they never said it.  They never played "Lucky" again (or at least, when I was listening).  I went years remembering the song, and it wasn't until we finally got the internet (dial-up, but I survived) that I found it.  Bif Naked.  Of course!

"Lucky" is a delicate love song that finishes strong, powering by the guitar and fueled by Bif's vocals.  We really are the lucky ones, to have a long like this in existence.  There's just something about it that screams beautiful.  And it's from 1998?  "Lucky" could still rock it on the charts now if it was re-released!  I suppose this is another example of music transcending through time; even after fifteen years we've got a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment