Sunday 7 July 2013

Amaranthe - Burn With Me

My favourite melodic-death-power metal band is back with a new single, and by god, I couldn't be happier with it.  Off of their new The Nexus, Amaranthe gives us "Burn With Me," a song that's definitely more power than melodic death, but I can't complain about that.  Jake E and Elize Ryd were meant to sing together, and it still works here.  The emotion that they put into the words of "Burn With me" has power and emotion, and the band's instrumental work is almost lush enough to be called lush (it still retains a healthy amount of rock; this one couldn't be too lush).  It kind of reminds me of a less lovey-dovey "Amaranthine," (ahem...least favourite song alert), and a song like "Burn With Me" belongs on any soundtrack for a superhero movie, not that I'm suggesting anything...

I cast a spell, so you'd be less like you and more like someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment