Tuesday 2 July 2013

Tegan & Sara - Closer

Well, after having a mild panic attack because I've already blogged about PTH's "I Am Dmitri Karamazov and the World Is My Father," here is the true Canada Day post that was meant for yesterday (I was a little busy, so sue me).  Let's make a departure from the post-hardcore bands of previous Canada Day posts for something a little more indie, and dare I say, a little poppier.  Tegan & Sara have it today, with their newer electro-tinged "Closer."

"Closer" is addictive indie electro-pop, and shows real growth from their older work (though "Living Room" will always be a forever fave).  The harmonies work well, but then again, when do they not?  Despite the fact that they're twins, Tegan and Sara were meant to be singing together.  They sound like no other when their words are in unison.  "Closer" also has a good amount of synth for my tastes, and it gives the sound a cool electronic flavor, and it even makes the track danceable.  So if you were looking for something whimsical and infectious yesterday, here's hoping you anticipated the future and gave this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment