Friday 12 July 2013

HIM - The Funeral of Hearts

I've been aware enough of HIM in the past to know one thing: they're a band, but that's pretty much been it. I didn't know if they were good, and I didn't know if they were bad...but they're good.  Really good.  The kind of rock they give us on "The Funeral of Hearts" is something a lot more laid-back than I expected, though every word still carries a shred of power.  There's something somber to it as well, probably because of the frequent use of the word funeral and dark phrases in general, but you know what, it works.  It all works in a lush cacophony kind of way.  I am also a big fan of the acoustic guitar work in this track.  It's easy to miss, but it brings "The Funeral of Hearts" to another place.  Good thing I stumbled upon this song a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment