Friday 5 July 2013

Chevelle - Fizgig

Chevelle is posting on Facebook about wanting to record a new album, so here's hoping they deliver by the end of the year.  I want to see if they can match Hats Off To The Bull already.  However, I seem to have fallen behind in keeping up with them, as they apparently released a compilation of band favorites along with a previously unreleased track.  This was more than six months ago too!  Where was I?  Sigh...at least I've got "Fizgig" now.

"Fizgig" has a sound that's part acoustic-Hats Off To The Bull, and the rest rock from This Type Of Thinking (Could Do Us In), and it's a combination that works well.  Think of an electric guitar-powered version of "Clones."  We've got it now.  This tidbit from the Loefflers is indicative Chevelle, the sound they're known for.  The guitars surge with power, Pete's vocals do their magic, and everything comes together as it should.  This is why I love these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment