Thursday 11 July 2013

Disturbed - Serpentine

Oh, Disturbed.  Even though they're not really a band anymore, and my musical taste has developed a bit in the last few years, they've always got a special place in my heart.  I remember the first time I heard Ten Thousand Fists and almost had a heart attack at how good it was.  Asylum wasn't up to the same par, and absolutely nowhere near Indestructible, but there were definitely some gems.  Boy, do I like digging for diamonds.

"Serpentine" originally fell into the category I like to call fillers.  It didn't stand out to me much upon the first listen, but after some time, it's worked its way up to be hanging out with the big boys, like "Another Way To Die" and the titular track.  It's either a case of listening to something enough times that you like it, or your taste develops so you can enjoy it when you're ready.  I'm perfectly happy with either.  "Serpentine" is classic Disturbed, with that lush nu metal sound (hard to achieve, believe me), and something that simply speaks to the metalhead in all of us.  David Draiman always gets me with his voice too.  I suppose now that I'm a fan, "Serpentine" will fair well on the blog.  Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment