Tuesday 23 July 2013

Jimmy Eat World - Work

I'm back!  The weekend was all fun and games, but of course, it's time to get back to the grind and blog between heavy study sessions.  Oh, joy.  At least I've got a classic to throw at you guys, or at least something that I like to call a classic.  It's in the same vein as Bif Naked's "Lucky" in the sense that I heard it on the radio, fell in love, and waited years until I had it.  Say what you want about anything that Jimmy Eat World has given us, but this is the band's number one song.  "Work" is begging to be fallen in love with, if you somehow haven't done so already.

"Work" has everything I look for in an alternative song.  One: beautiful guitar work.  Two: sweet lyrics about love with a twisted tang to the words.  Wanna take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?  Three: it's damn catchy.  Four: it all comes together like this is how it was supposed to be all along.  It's been almost 10 years since "Work" and Futures came out, but it still sounds fresh to me.  This makes up for not blogging for a few days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment