Monday 15 July 2013

Everything Everything - Cough Cough + Xaphoon Jones Remix

Usually I get the original of a song well before a remix crosses my path, but does anything go according to plan anymore?  "Cough Cough" from London's electro-indie Everything Everything was free on itunes a few weeks ago, but upon listening, I thought this sounds strangely familiar.  Sure enough, I had a remix of the song from at least a year before.  Well, what do you know?

The original "Cough Cough" is a cacophony of vocals, percussion, synths and electro beats that comes together into something otherworldly.  It's something you'd sing at the top of your lungs while dancing through the streets, banging on a snare drum in the process.  Most importantly, it's different.  It's not anything like what's circulating through the charts these days (unless I'm mistaken, but I doubt that I am).  Philly's Xaphoon Jones remixes "Cough Cough" into something a little more whimsical, a little more Mario Kart, but retains the original flavor that Everything Everything gave us.  It's even more different!  But you know what?  It's damn good.



No comments:

Post a Comment