Monday 29 July 2013

He's My Brother She's My Sister - How'm I Gonna Get Back Home

July has turned into a month where I'm terribly busy, making multiple trips to the library and running from one end of the province to a place that's not really near the other, but I can still steal away ten minutes to write a paragraph about California folk-pop.  You remember Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes?  Imagine them, but more rock and pop...and you have Los Angeles' He's My Brother She's My Sister.  The five piece makes some stellar stuff, indicative of something you might have heard in the seventies, but gives it all a modern punch.  "How'm I Gonna Get Back Home" swings with the guitar, and the male-female vocals intertwining gives this a bit of whimsy and something special.  I'd keep an eye on these guys, because I think they're going to be very big very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment