Wednesday 10 July 2013

White Lung - Glue

Sunny summer days require a healthy dose of punk music, and what better place to get it from than Vancouver?  White Lung is a four-piece from the city, and a band I like for their short bursts of energy and something that reminds me of Hole on crack.  That's a good thing, don't worry.  "Glue" is the name of the song that got me, and at a little over two minutes, there's no much wiggle room.  Good thing White Lung doesn't need anything like that.  The guitars and vocal work are gritty enough for my liking, and it calls for furious moshing.  You can't listen to "Glue" and not feel like banging your head along to every single word.  This is the band Courtney Love should have made, but as long as we have White Lung now, I'm not complaining one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment