Thursday 25 July 2013

Karmin - Walking On The Moon

I'm never one to go for mainstream stuff, in most cases.  If a band has one big single, I'm more likely to find my favorite of the gems somewhere else in the album.  The golden rule applies to pop duo Karmin (the lovely Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan).  You've probably heard their big "Brokenhearted," at some point or another if you've ever turned a radio on in the last year, but they've got something else up their sleeves.  "Walking On The Moon" is sweet hip-hop-pop that makes use of the piano, some acoustic guitars, and some other poppy elements that aren't overwhelming in any sense.  It's also got that catchy factor, which is never a bad thing either.  It's a little different than what I've been hearing from the pop genre, and I definitely welcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment