Thursday 19 September 2013

Aaliyah - More Than A Woman

If I really have to pick one (or ten) musical artists who've passed on and that I wished would still be here today, one of them would be Aaliyah.  I can't really get into modern female R&B, but I'll never get tired of Aaliyah's last album.  There's enough variety in those tracks to keep my hips shaking and my heart pounding.  Sometimes people are taken from us too soon, but we should still be happy with what we've been given.

One of the tracks with a real nice beat and rhythm is "More Than A Woman."  It's catchy, it's something you can dance to, and if it was remixed now...watch out!  Then again, who would touch something like this?  The pressure to make it into something new would be almost too immense.  As it is, "More Than A Woman" is more than enough for me.  Aaliyah's voice is at the top rung of the ladder here, and with these beats, nothing can go wrong.  It's been more than ten years since her death, but she left behind some real good gifts to enjoy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment