Sunday 1 September 2013

Crystal Castles - Untrust Us

You may have noticed a new addition to my top 25 Most Played yesterday, as in probably the only one of the twenty-five that I haven't mentioned before.  Rcrd lbl tried to get me into Crystal Castles in the past, but now I'm all about the duo after coming across them again on Tumblr.  The Capital Children's Choir did an amazing cover of "Untrust Us," and after seeing the video, I had to know what the original was like for comparison.  As you may have guessed, I wasn't disappointed with what I found.

"Untrust Us" is delicious electronic with few lyrics, and even knowing that what they say doesn't help with understanding that it's La cocaina no es bunea para su salud, La cocaina is not good for you.  This song definitely feels like a bit of a drug trip, but this foray has direction.  It's danceable, of course, but I think "Untrust Us" is a remix away from being a club hit.  This is more of the electronic music that I like to enjoy outside of the club, because the incoherent lyrics and structured noise is inspiring.  It makes you think.  Well, at least I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment