Tuesday 17 September 2013

The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

I knew as soon as I picked up the best of The Smiths albums, that something was going to be featured.  There was no other way of going about it.  I could have done the expected and did a piece on "This Charming Man," but there were other gems on the album that I thought would be a better fit, and a little more unexpected.  After all, life gets pretty boring when you can see everything coming.  "Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want" is a short but sweet acoustic track, but something about it spoke to me.  I like bittersweet music, and always have, and that's what it is.  Everything just wants thing to go right, so why is now any different?  Even if we change for the better, some things will still elude us.  This song won't elude anyone now.  This is why The Smiths get an album of their best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment